Join the Friends
Just a short 3 years ago we came together to oppose plans for shuttering our Charlestown branch library. Your overwhelming support allowed us to continue our mission and focus on you, our neighbors.
At the Charlestown branch, you can:
- Access books, films, music and magazines. Browse our collection or reserve online.
- Discover the history of the neighborhood and City with our strong historical collection.
- Use a computer (and even learn how to use one).
- Get homework help for K-8 students.
- Join our Book Discussion Club.
The Charlestown Friends fund programming of weekly events for our younger patrons. We engage our adult patrons with fascinating speakers and music events. Activities funded by your dues and donations include:
- Early literacy activities and regular story times for babies, toddlers and preschoolers with their families or caregivers.
- A lively variety of regular programming for children including animal encounters, yoga, visual arts, and music.
- 4-5 annual lectures and events open to all.
Over the years the Friends can be proud of having funded the restoration of the branch's historic paintings, donated a sound system and a new piano, improved the lighting, reupholstered furniture, purchased hundreds of books, DVDs and CDs, as well as co-sponsorship of the Annual Christmas Concert at St. Mary's Church.
Your ongoing show of support for the Charlestown branch, librarian Maureen Marx and her top-notch staff is key to maintaining a strong level of programming and activities. As a Friend, you will receive program notices, the opportunity to volunteer for a good cause, and the satisfaction of supporting one of our neighborhoods most valued and beneficial institutions - our Library.
Please be generous. Use the button below to bring up a form to print to make your gift to the Friends of the Charlestown Branch Library. Please join us today.
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also welcome donations!
The Friends are a 501(c)(3) charity; all donations to the Friends are fully tax deductible.